Saturday, September 13, 2014
Bridget Watson Payne
“The Power of Words and Images”
What you will learn:
- what this editor looks for in a winning book proposal
- unique areas of writing and book publishing that you might not have considered before
- about the interaction of words and images in illustrated books
- how to turn your personal interests and passions into books
What makes good proposals and manuscripts for visually driven books? Find out various roles of a writer and editor in visual publishing. Bridget Watson Payne, Editor at Chronicle Books, will illuminate this exciting area with her discussion, book examples, and Q&A time.
Bridget Watson Payne has worked in publishing for over a decade with hundreds of authors, artists, and photographers. Her authors include Julia Rothman, Danny Gregory, Elizabeth Partridge, and Yoko Ono. She is also an author, having written This is Happening: Life Through the Lens of Instagram and New York Jackie: Pictures from Her Life in the City.
Special Extra: Writers Table
- Sign-in: 11:15 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Writers Table: 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- Lunch: 12:00 noon – 12:45 p.m.
- Business meeting/Program: 12:45 – 1:00 p.m.
- Speaker: 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA.
- Members: $20; Guests: $25
- To attend, contact Robin Gigoux at ragig (at) aol (dot) com, or phone 925-933-9670 for reservations. Reservation deadline: Wed., Sept. 10, 2014 at noon.
Events Calendar for the rest of our season
July 12: Annual board planning session
July 19: CWC Picnic at Joaquin Miller Park
Sept. 13: Board meeting, 10 a.m.; Program (above) with Bridget Watson Payne
See you on Saturday, September 13 for our new season and check back here later in the summer to keep current on our 2014-2015 season events.