Join us on Saturday, December 10 for our Holiday Seated Luncheon with Three of Our Own: Jil Plummer, Bill Stong, Leslie Rupley
Jil Plummer: Resources for Research
- Finding the correct flora, fauna and climate
- Feeling the mood of the location/setting
- Learning the culture, religion, history and education
Bill Stong: Drawing the Reader In
- Challenges and writing goals using actual examples
- Immerse your reader in the world you have created using writing that is vivid and vibrant
- How a support network can make your writing come alive
Leslie Rupley: Choices for the Independent Publisher
- Boutique Publishers
- All Inclusive Package
- Do it Yourself
Members display and sell books until our Festive Seated Luncheon
You can register online (see below for cost)
- Sign-in: starts at 11:15 a.m.
- Luncheon 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Speakers: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Cost: cash and check on site Members $25/Guests $30; PayPal (click “buy now”; pay $27/$32). NOTE: Due to Internet access problems, credit card transactions are currently not possible at the door.
- To attend: contact Robin Gigoux at s CWCrobin.gigoux@yahoo (dot) com, phone 925-933-9670, or click “buy now” for reservations (don’t forget to add $2 for the transaction fee). Reservation deadline: Wed., Dec. 7, 2016 at noon.*
*In accordance with our contractual agreement with Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, the club is charged for every reservation confirmed on the day before the meeting. If you are not able to attend this meeting and do not cancel your reservation prior to noon on the Friday before the meeting, you will be asked to remit the relevant fee as a no-show payment for the event.
Dec. 10: Three of Our Own, Resources for Writers
Jan 14: Catherine Bramkamp, Pitching, Social Media, Book Promotion
Feb. 11: Meghan Ward, Writer Consortiums/Co-ops
Mar. 11: Stuart Horowitz, Finish Your Book in Three Drafts
April 8: Helen Sedwick, How to Protect Your Writing Rights and Your Wallet
May 13: TBA, Young Writers Contest Banquet
June 10: Molly Williams, Interior Book Design