Join us on Saturday, February 11th for our Branch Meeting and Luncheon:
Writing as a Team Sport: Discover Hidden Talents, Improve your Productivity, and Launch a Successful Writing Career Through Other Writers with Meghan Ward
Meghan is a member of the San Francisco Grotto, an organization founded on the belief that writers are more productive, garner more courage, and discover new talents in a community environment.
- Writing at home vs. writing outside the home
- Different types of co-working spaces for writers
- The pros and cons of working at the San Francisco Writers’ Grotto
- How writers can support each other and market each other’s work
- Help for the introvert: blogging and social media
Meghan Ward is a freelance writer and book editor and the founder of Writerland, a blog about writing, publishing and social media. She is the author of Runway: Confessions of a not-so-supermodel, and her work has appeared in The Rumpus, Mutha, San Francisco Magazine, 7×7, the San Francisco Chronicle, It’s So You: 35 Women Write About Personal Expression Through Fashion and Style, and Wake Up and Smell the Shit: Hilarious Travel Disasters. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @meghancward and on Facebook @meghanwardauthor.
You can register online (see below for cost)
- Sign-in: starts at 11:15 a.m.
- Luncheon 12:00 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Speakers: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Cost: cash and check on site Members $25/Guests $30; PayPal (click “buy now”; pay $27/$32). NOTE: Due to Internet access problems, credit card transactions are currently not possible at the door.
- To attend: contact Robin Gigoux at s CWCrobin.gigoux@yahoo (dot) com, phone 925-933-9670, or click “buy now” for reservations (don’t forget to add $2 for the transaction fee). Reservation deadline: Wed., Feb. 8th, 2017 at noon.*
*In accordance with our contractual agreement with Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, the club is charged for every reservation confirmed on the day before the meeting. If you are not able to attend this meeting and do not cancel your reservation prior to noon on the Friday before the meeting, you will be asked to remit the relevant fee as a no-show payment for the event.
Feb. 11: Meghan Ward, Writing as a Team Sport
Mar. 11: Stuart Horowitz, Finish Your Book in Three Drafts
April 8: Helen Sedwick, How to Protect Your Writing Rights and Your Wallet
May 13: Tim J. Myers, Young Writers Contest Banquet
June 10: Molly Williams, Interior Book Design