Join us on Saturday, March 11th for our 3-Hour Luncheon Workshop:
Finish Your Book in Three Drafts with Stuart Horwitz
This presentation will discuss the best outlook and direction for each of the three drafts so that you can increase your efficiency, satisfaction, and engagement with both your writing process and your final product.
Accomplished and aspiring writers will learn to create a complex narrative such as how to:
- Generate a lot of material and then use action steps to transform that material.
- Make sure your book has one “theme” – and one theme only.
- Separate your work into scenes and use this disassembly to diagnose what’s going wrong with your manuscript.
- Work with beta readers to push your manuscript forward in a conclusive and non-anxious way.
Stuart Horwitz is a ghostwriter, independent editor, and founder and principal of Book Architecture (www.BookArchitecture.com). Book Architecture’s clients have reached the bestseller list in both fiction and nonfiction, and have appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, Today, The Tonight Show, and in the most prestigious journals in their respective fields. He lives in Rhode Island with his wife and two daughters.
Stuart developed the Book Architecture Method over fifteen years of helping writers get from first draft to final draft. In the process, those same writers have become authors: signing with top literary agencies and landing book deals at coveted publishing houses.
He is the author of three books on writing: Blueprint Your Bestseller: Organize and Revise Any Manuscript with the Book Architecture Method (Penguin/Perigee), which was named one of 2013’s best books about writing by The Writer magazine, Book Architecture: How to Plot and Outline Without Using a Formula (2015), which became an Amazon bestseller, and Finish Your Book in Three Drafts: How to Write a Book, Revise a Book, and Complete a Book While You Still Love It which was released in June of 2016.
You can register online (see below for cost)
- Sign-in: starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Workshop 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Full Lunch Included: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Cost: cash and check on site Members $40/Guests $50; PayPal (click “buy now”; pay $42/$52). NOTE: Due to Internet access problems, credit card transactions are currently not possible at the door.
- To attend: contact Robin Gigoux at s CWCrobin.gigoux@yahoo (dot) com, phone 925-933-9670, or click “buy now” for reservations (don’t forget to add $2 for the transaction fee). Reservation deadline: Wed., March. 8th, 2017 at noon.*
*In accordance with our contractual agreement with Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, the club is charged for every reservation confirmed on the day before the meeting. If you are not able to attend this meeting and do not cancel your reservation prior to noon on the Friday before the meeting, you will be asked to remit the relevant fee as a no-show payment for the event.
Feb. 11: Meghan Ward, Writing as a Team Sport
Mar. 11: Stuart Horowitz, Finish Your Book in Three Drafts
April 8: Helen Sedwick, How to Protect Your Writing Rights and Your Wallet
May 13: Tim J. Myers, Young Writers Contest Banquet
June 10: Molly Williams, Interior Book Design
Oct. 14: Jordan Rosenfeld, Get Intimate with Your Characters: Master POV for Dazzling Character Development