Join us on Saturday, April 8th for our Branch Meeting and Luncheon:
How to Protect Your Rights and Your Wallet with Helen Sedwick
Attorney and author Helen Sedwick provides an overview of copyright law to help writers understand what they own and how to protect it.
She’ll also cover how to get permission to use quotes, images, and lyrics created by others. Time permitting, she’ll give tips on spotting scams targeting writers.
Author and attorney, Helen Sedwick has represented small businesses and entrepreneurs for 30 years. Publisher’s Weekly lists her Self-Publisher’s Legal Handbook as one of the top five resource books for independent authors. Helen is a member of the Board of Advisors of the Alliance of Independent Authors and a Contributing Writer for TheBookDesigner.com. Helen’s blog coaches writers on everything from saving on taxes to avoiding scams.
For more information about Helen, check out her website at http://helensedwick.com
You can register online (see below for cost)
- Sign-in: starts at 11:15 a.m.
- Luncheon 12:00 to 12:45 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Cost: cash and check on site Members $25/Guests $30; PayPal (click “buy now”; pay $42/$52). NOTE: Due to Internet access problems, credit card transactions are currently not possible at the door.
- To attend: contact Robin Gigoux at s CWCrobin.gigoux@yahoo (dot) com, phone 925-933-9670, or click “buy now” for reservations (don’t forget to add $2 for the transaction fee). Reservation deadline: Wed., April. 5th, 2017 at noon.*
*In accordance with our contractual agreement with Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, the club is charged for every reservation confirmed on the day before the meeting. If you are not able to attend this meeting and do not cancel your reservation prior to noon on the Friday before the meeting, you will be asked to remit the relevant fee as a no-show payment for the event.
April 8: Helen Sedwick, How to Protect Your Writing Rights and Your Wallet
May 13: Tim J. Myers, Young Writers Contest Banquet
June 10: Molly Williams, Interior Book Design
Oct. 14: Jordan Rosenfeld, Get Intimate with Your Characters: Master POV for Dazzling Character Development