Join us on Saturday, May 13th for our Young Writers Contest Award Ceremony, Luncheon and Special Speaker
Becoming a Writer with Tim J. Meyers
- Defining the writing life: How you define it will profoundly influence how you attempt to live it.
- Pros and cons of the writing life: An honest look at positives and negatives.
- The main paths of a writer’s development
- PRACTICAL LIFE STRATEGIES
Tim J. Myers is a writer, songwriter, storyteller, and senior lecturer at Santa Clara University. His children’s books have won recognition from the New York Times, NPR, and the Smithsonian; he has 16 out and more on the way. He’s published over 130 poems, won a first prize in a poetry contest judged by John Updike, has three books of adult poetry out and a nonfiction book on fatherhood, and he won a major prize in science fiction. He won the West Coast Songwriters Saratoga Chapter Song of the Year and the 2012 SCBWI Magazine Merit Award for Fiction.
You can register online (see below for cost)
- Sign-in: starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Awards Ceremony 11:30 p.m.
- Luncheon 12:00–12:45 p.m.
- Speaker 1:00–2:00 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Cost: Winning students, teachers, and one guest: complimentary
Additional guests of students and teachers: $25
Cash and check on site Members $25/Guests $30; PayPal (click “buy now”; pay $27/$32). NOTE: Due to Internet access problems, credit card transactions are currently not possible at the door.
- To attend: contact Robin Gigoux at s CWCrobin.gigoux@yahoo (dot) com, phone 925-933-9670, or click “buy now” for reservations (don’t forget to add $2 for the transaction fee). Reservation deadline: Wed., May 10th, 2017 at noon.*
*In accordance with our contractual agreement with Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, the club is charged for every reservation confirmed on the day before the meeting. If you are not able to attend this meeting and do not cancel your reservation prior to noon on the Friday before the meeting, you will be asked to remit the relevant fee as a no-show payment for the event.
May 13: Tim J. Myers, Young Writers Contest Banquet
June 10: Molly Williams, Interior Book Design
Oct. 14: Jordan Rosenfeld, Get Intimate with Your Characters: Master POV for Dazzling Character Developmen
November 11: Arlene Miller, Grammar Diva
December 9: Three of Our Own
January 13: Amanda McTigue, Pitching
March 10: Beth Barany, Twenty Senses