Join us on Saturday, February 13 for our branch meeting and luncheon:
Word Selection: Building a Strong Story Foundation
What You Will Learn
- What’s the best way to express an idea?
- Which of several alternative words or expressions might work best?
- Sometimes, the very act of choosing a word can reverse the direction of the process.
- Settling on one particular word over another often leads to a new idea.
Roy Mash is the author of Buyer’s Remorse (Cherry Grove Collections, 2014) and is a long time board member of Marin Poetry Center. He doodles his time away staring out of café windows, dabbing up the fallen seeds from an everything bagel, and mentally thumbing over his poems that have appeared in journals such as AGNI, Atlanta Review, Barrow Street, Nimrod, and River Styx. He is the recipient of the Atlanta Review International Publication Award.
Writer’s Table in February
- Sign-in: 11:15 a.m.-12 noon
- Seated Lunch: 12:00 – 12:45 p.m.
- General meeting: 12:45 p.m. – 1:00 pm.
- Speaker: 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Cost: cash and check on site Members $25/Guests $30; PayPal (click “buy now”; pay $27/$32). NOTE: Due to Internet access problems, credit card transactions are currently not possible at the door.
- To attend: contact Robin Gigoux at ragig (at) aol (dot) com, phone 925-933-9670, or click “buy now” for reservations (don’t forget to add $2 for the transaction fee). Reservation deadline: Wed., Feb. 10, 2015 at noon.*
*In accordance with our contractual agreement with Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, the club is charged for every reservation confirmed on the day before the meeting. If you are not able to attend this meeting and do not cancel your reservation prior to noon on the Friday before the meeting, you will be asked to remit the relevant fee as a no-show payment for the event.
Events Calendar for 2015-2016 Season
Dec. 12: Three of our own: Ann Steiner, Al Garrotto, and Lynn Goodwin, The Path to Publication: Prompts, Perfection, and Platform
Jan. 9: Tamara Monosoff, Five Simple Strategies to Boost Your Income Now!
Feb. 13: Roy Mash, Words to Woe By
Mar. 12: C. S. Lakin, The Twelve Fatal Flaws of Writing
Apr. 9: Tamim Ansary, Why Do We Write?
May 14: TBA
June 11: LeAnne Krusemark