Join us on Saturday, June 11 for our branch meeting and luncheon:
Writing Irresistible Query Letters
What We Will Cover in Our Session
- What to include and what to leave out
- How to establish credibility in your query
- How to make sure your query doesn’t end up in the slush pile
- Why even self-published authors should develop a query letter
- How to create an effective author “elevator pitch” to use in your query.
LeeAnne is an adjunct online Professor of Publishing for Harvard and more than 1,000 other facilities worldwide, and is a nationwide speaker on the topic. She is also a former journalist, editor, and managing editor of newspapers, as well as an author of countless magazine articles and several business books. LeeAnne recently authored a screenplay that Hallmark has expressed an interest in, and she represents writers as an editor and agent.
- Sign-in: starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Luncheon 12 to 12:45 p.m.
- Speaker: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Cost: cash and check on site Members $25/Guests $30; PayPal (click “buy now”; pay $27/$32). NOTE: Due to Internet access problems, credit card transactions are currently not possible at the door.
- To attend: contact Robin Gigoux at ragig (at) aol (dot) com, phone 925-933-9670, or click “buy now” for reservations (don’t forget to add $2 for the transaction fee). Reservation deadline: Wed., June 8, 2016 at noon.*
*In accordance with our contractual agreement with Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, the club is charged for every reservation confirmed on the day before the meeting. If you are not able to attend this meeting and do not cancel your reservation prior to noon on the Friday before the meeting, you will be asked to remit the relevant fee as a no-show payment for the event.
Events Calendar for 2016
Jan. 9: Tamara Monosoff, Five Simple Strategies to Boost Your Income Now!
Feb. 13: Roy Mash, Words to Woe By
Mar. 12: C. S. Lakin, The Twelve Fatal Flaws of Writing
Apr. 9: Tamim Ansary, Why Do We Write?
May 14: Heather Mackey, Turning Ideas into Stories
June 11: LeeAnne Krusemark, Composing Irresistible Query Letters and Elevator Pitches
Sept. 10: Anita Amirrezvani, TBA
October 8: Marilyn Atlas, Dating Your Character
Nov 12: Joan Morris, TBA
Dec. 10: TBA, Three of Our Own
Events Calendar for 2017
Feb. 11: Meghan Ward, Writer Consortiums/Co-ops
Mar. 11: Stuart Horowitz, Finish Your Book in Three Drafts