Join us on December 12, 2015 for our annual event
Three of our Own
“The Path to Publication”
Lynn Goodwin on Prompts. Lynn will focus on getting your first draft down on paper, essentially prompting yourself to sit down and write.
- Set goals and take action
- Embrace your right to write
- Remember: there are no mistakes — only new material.
Al Garrotto on Perfection. Al will focus on the editing stage: cutting, adding, and polishing your manuscript.
- How passionate am I about my story or topic?
- Have I read my own book? Who else has?
- How do I know when it’s ready to publish?
Ann Steiner on Platform. Ann will present marketing strategies, which should startbefore your book hits the bookstore or ebook website.
- Tips for creating your national platform
- Creating a marketing action plan
- How to get more comfortable with marketing
Bring your own books to display and sell at the meeting. There will be at least two tables for members’ books. You are responsible for handling your own sales. This is a great time to pick up Christmas presents.
- Sign-in: 11:15 a.m.-12 noon
- Seated Lunch: 12:00 – 12:45 p.m.
- General meeting: 12:45 p.m. – 1:00 pm.
- Speakers: 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, 611 Gregory Lane, Pleasant Hill, CA
- Cost: cash and check on site Members $25/Guests $30; PayPal (click “buy now”; pay $27/$32). NOTE: Due to Internet access problems, credit card transactions are currently not possible at the door.
- To attend: contact Robin Gigoux at ragig (at) aol (dot) com, phone 925-933-9670, or click “buy now” for reservations (don’t forget to add $2 for the transaction fee). Reservation deadline: Wed., Dec. , 2015 at noon.*
- Special request for seated lunch: When notifying Robin of your reservation, be sure to indicate your meal choice: NY Steak, Salmon, Chicken Parmesan, or Pasta Primavera (Vegetarian).
*In accordance with our contractual agreement with Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant, the club is charged for every reservation confirmed on the day before the meeting. If you are not able to attend this meeting and do not cancel your reservation prior to noon on the Friday before the meeting, you will be asked to remit the relevant fee as a no-show payment for the event.
Events Calendar for 2015-2016 Season
Dec. 12: Three of our own: Ann Steiner, Al Garrotto, and Lynn Goodwin, The Path to Publication: Prompts, Perfection, and Platform
Jan. 9: Tamara Monosoff, How to Make it to No. 1 on Amazon
Feb. 13: Roy Mash, Words to Woe By
Mar. 14: C. S. Lakin, Editing/Revising Workshop
Apr. 11: tbd
May 9: tbd
June 13: tbd