Membership – Renewal
- The annual membership period runs from July 1 – June 1
- Renewal rates are as follows:
- Active: $45
- Associate: $45
- Supporting: $45
- Student (16-22): $10
- Emeritus: $15
- Dual: $25
- You can renew in one of these ways:
- Mail your check with the renewal form (download Membership Renewal Form 2015-2016) to CWC/Mt. Diablo Branch, Attn: Membership Chair, P.O. Box 606, Alamo, CA 94507
- Complete the online Google form and pay via PayPal (use the renewal rate list above to determine how much to pay and add $2 transaction fee to cover the PayPal fee):
- Bring it to the June or September meeting
Membership – New
California residency is not a requirement. Submit an application package as outlined below. If you have any questions about the application package, please contact membership chair, Marlene Dotterer, at m.dotterer(at)comcast(dot)net. Please include a mailing address and a telephone number in your email:
- New Member application form (Membership Application). You will need to determine your requested level of membership (see list below).
- Check payable to CWC/Mt. Diablo Branch for the appropriate dues and, if applicable, the Initiation Fee (see list below)
- Copies of your qualifying published or written work, if applying for Active or Associate status, and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) if you wish your materials returned. Do NOT send us the only copy of your work.
- Send your Application Package to: CWC/Mt. Diablo Branch, Attn: Membership Chair, P.O. Box 606, Alamo, CA 94507
Membership Benefits – State
- California Writers Club benefits
- Copies of the Bulletin, our state-wide newsletter
- Connections to CWC state branches
Membership Benefits – Norcal Group
- the Northern CWC branches meet regularly to communicate and collaborate on new ideas, solving problems, and furthering mutual writing and publishing goals
- the group is informal, focusing on serving members’ writing and publishing needs
- Publishing Pathways
Membership Benefits – Mt. Diablo Branch
- Monthly luncheon meetings, including programs, workshops, and special programs; Buck-a-Book program or door prizes; and the opportunity to buy autographed copies of guest speakers’ books
- Opportunities to submit to periodic short story or other contests (also available to non-members) with cash prizes for winners
- Opportunities to support the Young Writers Contest for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students in Contra Costa County public and private schools, with associated workshops
- the Write News, our monthly branch electronic newsletter (see back issues at https://cwcmtdiablowriters.wordpress.com/archives/)
- Tidbits, periodic e-mail supplement to the Write News
- Back Fence, our online forum at Yahoo.com for branch members and guests from the Tri-Valley and Berkeley branches (contact our Online Coordinator, soules(at)yahoo(dot)com, for instructions on how to join)
- Opportunity to participate in members’ critique groups
- Availability of Publishing Pathways, a mentoring program to help you with finding a publisher and preparing and executing a marketing plan
- Member Honors: Our Branch honors members who serve the entire membership selflessly:
- Our club enjoys non-profit status and we offer liability insurance coverage for every meeting or function we promote.
Membership levels: Members can advance through the levels when requirements are met.
- Active (for writers who are already published)
- Associate (for writers not yet published but actively working toward first publication.)
- Supporting Member (for those who have not yet begun to write; includes Youth Member sub-category for writers age 22 and younger). Supporting membership is membership in the Mt. Diablo branch only and not in the state organization. No writing qualifications are required for this category.
- Affiliate members receive the Branch newsletter and the discounted member luncheon price. They are eligible to hold appointed position in the Branch but cannot vote, hold elective office, or serve as committee chairs. They do not receive the Central Bulletin or discounted rates for conferences, and are ineligible for life membership.
- The membership year runs from July 1 to June 30. Active and Associate members pay a one-time initiation fee of $20.00 in addition to current dues, a total of either $65 or $22.50 as explained below.
- Annual dues, currently $45, are payable by persons who join between July 1 and January 31. Those joining from February through June pay only $22.50 for a half year.
- The Annual Fee for Adult Supporting Members is the same as for Active and Associate Members: $45 (and a one-time initiation fee of $20). For Youth Membership Members (age 16 to 22), the Annual Fee is $10.
- Lifetime Memberships (available only to Active and Associate Members) are $675.
Need more information? Contact our membership chair through the form below.