Already a member? Click for the form to renew your membership:
Want to join? Please see below for new member form and instructions.
- California Writers Club Association benefits
- the Bulletin, our state-wide newsletter
- Connections to CWC state branches
- the Northern CWC branches meet regularly to communicate and collaborate on new ideas, solving problems, and furthering mutual writing and publishing goals
- the group is informal, focusing on serving members’ writing and publishing needs
- Publishing Pathways
CWC Mt. Diablo Book Signing, November 29, 2009
- Monthly luncheon meetings, including programs, workshops, and special programs; Buck-a-Book program or door prizes; and the opportunity to buy autographed copies of guest speakers’ books
- Opportunities to submit to periodic short story or other contests (also available to non-members) with cash prizes for winners
- Opportunities to support the Young Writers Contest for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students in Contra Costa County public and private schools, with associated workshops
- the Write News, our monthly branch electronic newsletter
- Tidbits, periodic e-mail supplement to the Write News
- Back Fence, our online forum at Yahoo.com for branch members and guests from the Tri-Valley and Berkeley branches (see our members only site for instructions on how to join)
- Opportunity to participate in members’ critique group
- Availability of Publishing Pathways, a mentoring program to help you with finding a publisher and preparing and executing a marketing plan
- Member Honors: Our Branch honors members who serve the entire membership selflessly:
Our club enjoys non-profit status and we offer liability insurance coverage for every meeting or function we promote.
Supporting Membership is membership in the Mt. Diablo Branch only and not in the State organization. No writing qualifications are required for Affiliate Membership.
Affiliate Members receive the Branch newsletter and the discounted member luncheon price. They are eligible to hold appointed position in the Branch but cannot vote, hold elective office, or serve as committee chairs. They don’t receive the Central Bulletin or discounted rates for conferences, and aren’t eligible for life membership.
As achievements increase, members can advance through the levels.
California residence is not required. Members can live anywhere.
Application packages are available on request from the address below, or by contacting the Membership Chairman, Marlene Dotterer, through the contact form below. Please include a mailing address and a telephone number with your request.
Submit a completed application package. Include:
- New_Member_application_form (PDF). Please skip the shaded areas and write legibly.
- Check payable to CWC/Mt. Diablo Branch for the appropriate dues and, if applicable, Initiation Fee.
- Copies of your qualifying published or written work, if applying for Active or Associate status, and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) if you wish your materials returned. Do NOT send us the only copy of your work.
Send your Application Package to:
CWC/Mt. Diablo Branch
Attn: Membership Chair
P.O. Box 606
Alamo, CA 94507
The membership year runs from July 1 to June 30. Active and Associate members pay a one-time initiation fee of $20.00 in addition to current dues, a total of either $65 or $42.50 as explained below.
Annual dues, currently $45, are payable by persons who join between July 1 and January 31. Those joining from February through June pay only $22.50 for a half year.
The Annual Fee for Adult Supporting Members is the same as for Active and Associate Members: $45 (and a one-time initiation fee of $20). For Youth Membership Members (age 16 to 22), the Annual Fee is $10.
Lifetime Memberships (available only to Active and Associate Members) are $675.
Need more information? Contact our membership chair through the form below.